Reporting to: Floor Manager
Date: September 2019
Assisting the Floor Manager to manage Dover Street Market’s staff, sales and operational practices.
Acting Duty Manager in the absence of the Floor Managers.
- Setting the standard for the seamless operation and functioning of the store ensuring the provision of the very best customer service levels at all times and presentation of the floors.
- The achievement of key financial targets.
- Instilling a common sense of standards and culture of professionalism through-out the store through an industrious, calm and measured management approach.
- Ensuring that all staff are clear on what these expected standards are and the relevant store procedures.
Customer Service and Sales:
- Ensuring the very best levels of customer service at all times.
- Ensuring that customers are added to the DSM Database.
- Delivering the monthly and seasonal sales targets working closely with the team to do so.
- Personally selling, directing and driving sales.
- Ensuring sufficient cover for the Floors at all times.
- The growth and development of the Floor Team, identifying and initiating any specific training needs.
- Working with the Floor Managers to provide feedback on the weekly staff rota and optimum allocation of staff to ensure operational efficiency.
- Assist in the induction of new staff and ongoing training initiatives.
Operational / Day-to-Day:
- Together with the FMs, responsible for the smooth opening and closing of the store and floors each day.
- Attendance at the daily meeting to advise specific targets / objectives for the day ahead.
- Ensuring the accurate and correct use of Retail POS by floor staff members.
- Facilities Management – ensuring all systems, fixtures, fittings and furniture are well maintained at all times and advising of any problems to the Facilities Manager.
- Maintaining a high level of cleanliness at all times.
- Ensuring the statutory Health and Safety Regulations are pro-actively adhered to and dealt with.
Closely liaising with the Merchandising Team and FM to ensure:
- Providing input for seasonal buying of lines.
- Maintaining a high level of vigilance at all times and ensuring shrinkage is kept to an absolute minimum. Formally reporting any losses immediately to the FM.
- Regular daily inspections of the stock rooms to ensure standards are maintained and raising any concerns to the Floor Manager and Merchandising Team.
Financial / Reporting:
- Targets / Budgets – together with the FM, establishing monthly / weekly targets to the floors, departments and individuals.
- Regular meetings with FMs to review and assess departmental performance.
- Together with the FM arranging the training schedule two weeks in advance for all staff. Specifically focusing on brand, sales and product specific topics.
Acting Duty Manager:
- Store opening duties to include
- Opening the shop with security present and checking standards in-store.
- Daily banking
- Daily report and daily sales
- Overseeing bi-weekly deliveries
- Store closing duties to include
- Locking the shop with security present
- Final end of day floor checks
- Final end of day stock room standard checks
- Sending of end of day report to Store Management Team
- All Floor staff.
- A well organised and well-motivated Store.
- The achievement of sales targets.
- Service and standards.